Have your brain ready, thanks.


Saturday, April 21, 2007

Facebook, you are four years too late

Facebook recently added "The Chinese University of Hong Kong" network, which is great, through sadly they are four years too late.

Facebook is a social networking website. If there is ever a term as to "Web 2.0", they are part of it. On the other hand, some might say it is only a friends matching website. In a technological point of view, I do not object, but it is not how it is founded for.

I think they started out with university students long ago, and the students liked the idea of sharing every little stuff of their life with others, while still controlling what people can and cannot see.

It is a very exciting community. I think if I were a students in the states. The first thing I'll ask a new friend, if I want to keep in touch with them, is "do you have facebook?"

Sadly, I never was a student in the states. If facebook opened to the Chinese University four years ago, at which time I was yet to be a student of the University, it would be completely different to how I keep contacts with friends. (I mean the hi-bye ones)

I recommend everyone to try it out. It is a well-designed website anyway.

0 comments: