Have your brain ready, thanks.


Sunday, September 23, 2007

《瘋女社》

瘋女社Yesterday night I knew from 萊斯's blog that there is a theatre show at Shouson Theatre today, and the show in the afternoon would be the last. I suddenly felt interested in it because, well I have basically nothing to do today and all of my close friends are either busy or have their own dates. Today morning I read that they lowered the price and I called Anthony (a guy who is responsible for the show's ticketing) and got tickets from him directly. I got so lucky this time for buying tickets late.

I arrived with only a few minutes to spare. I don't have much time to read the programme and I don't know much about who would appear in the show. What I did know is that 彭秀慧 was the director to the show, and I liked her 《再見不再見》 a lot, and this is the primary reason why I went there. The show today was 《瘋女社》. It is a musical theatre.

The scriptwriter of the show was 茜利妹 and this came a bit of surprise to me. (I really didn't know beforehand! I'm out-dated, as always.) 葉宇澄, 葉佩雯 and 李卓庭 appeared (the later two of which I haven't heard of :p) and sung a few songs, also 梁祖堯 who appeared in a video recording (full of gags, though looked inspirational).

The musical wasn't the most enjoyable I have been to, but it certainly was not bad. The music suited the mood and theme of the musical (a little bit crazy, exaggerated) and they were good. The songs (note the difference in "music" and "songs") didn't fit so much IMHO. The reason for this might just be that I can't hear the lyrics clearly and so I didn't really know if the meaning fitted. I did like some of the songs though, especially some rock and roll and the emotional kind near the end.

I especially like how they lifted the a piece of set decoration to reveal a small room full of carton boxes and Yip playing a piano, accompanied by a plant with no leaves and tall lamp. Still can't hear the lyrics - my fault. If only I could hear them more clearly then that should have been a touching scene. This kind of presentation reminded me of 馴情記 actually, in which the stage elevated to reveal a fully grown plant appeared earlier on. It makes me feel that something (eg feeling) is already there most of the time, it is just that we didn't aware it is there.

I'd have to say the show isn't very much inspirational for me. Maybe it is because I don't get it, or that they are expressing some feelings I haven't felt before and so I don't understand. This happens all the time. I do get a glimpse of it, maybe I'll discover something more later on.

I also liked some dance (can't think of a better word). One scene featuring all mentally ill patents and those who are sane doing a little dance, like a crazy dance. Everything looked random but it was enjoyable to watch.

0 comments: