Have your brain ready, thanks.


Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Music invades

posted on 30th day of November, 2005

For those who don't know, I have acquired an iPod to add to my inventory. That is not any scaled down version of iPod such as the nano or the shuffle, it is the regular iPod. The regular iPod has come to its fifth generation and is capable of playing music, showing photos and playing videos.

One might argue that an iPod is unnecessary. Yeah, I believe so. Without an iPod, my life will not make a big difference.

No matter how many more features are added to the iPod, its primary function as a music player can hardly change in the foreseeable future. (Here, foreseeable, as used in the field of computer technologies, means one year or two.) I use it primary as a music player, too. The past two weeks, I almost immersed myself in the music while I work in the computer laboratory, effectively keeping me away from the hassles that I do not want to get involved with. To some, I am totally a geek who is only trying to show off and whose music enthusiasm will not last. Me, myself, see it as a little white box that brings tranquility and sanity to me for a while and to share with other stuff that I like.

This box by itself is meaningless... "it is merely light and wires in a box".

I do not like to quote music lyrics in weblogs, because quoting music lyrics don't generally convey any special meaning to other readers. However, at this excellent opportunity of the season of music, I think I might want to do this occasionally. This song is Silence by Gomez, which the song is used in the movie Robots.

I've been caught in a trap I set for myself
I don't want to be here when you could be somewhere else
So why'd I sit on my hands like a book on a shelf
Where only the dust is falling?
Everyone 'round here lives in silence

If I had something to say I'd say what I mean
How'd you lose all your words? I swear it's obscene, I curse
How'd you look at yourself as the mirror turns green?
Yeah, only the fools ignore us
Everyone 'round here lives in silence

I could wait all my life for someone to think
I can't open your eyes but I can make you blink at me
So please don't try to be nice, don't need your advice
Please leave me to die of boredom
Everyone 'round here lives in silence

Silence... they wait for the end
Silence... they bow and they bend
Silence... their homes they defend
Silence

0 comments: