Have your brain ready, thanks.


Saturday, March 10, 2007

What the hell is Vista thinks it is doing?

I just installed Windows Vista because the XP broke and it won't boot. How I get my copy, you ask? As my friend, I am sure you know I get the copy through completely legitimate channels. Cough... anyway, this is not the point.

Installation on my old Thinkpad was a breeze and getting it activated was extremely easy. The problem is getting the drivers needed for the Vista. It seems IBM Lenovo has forgotten they have manufactured my laptop, despite it's just 3.5 years old. "... Did we produced that laptop? Buy a new one you loser." I don't count them on getting my TrackPoint to work. Sih.

After digging a little it seems Intel has the Vista-compatible driver for the wireless network adapter (they say it is end-of-life'd but they are making one exception... so noble). The drivers installation was an unpleasant experience. The system freeze and restarted 4-5 times before I could get it to work. Even that it is working now, I don't know which part of Vista's configuration I changed to make it work. I feel like I'm being punished for install the "Wow" software on a "Duh" laptop.

I can't find anyone to blame except Microsoft.

0 comments: