Have your brain ready, thanks.


Monday, August 15, 2005

The 13th day of August, 2005

Isn't 13 the unfortunate number?

The morning was great actually, despite a morning commute to the university after having a bad sleep. Everything went great in the project meeting. What can I expect more out of it?

After my friend was gone, going back to his own life, I returned mine and sleep at the back of the laboratory as usual. If only the phone didn't ring I could lay there for a few more moments without being noticed. I don't feel very good at that time. The only thing I could do to levitate the bad feeling is to leave and head home.

The weather was becoming terrible at the moment I step on the doorstep. I was glad and think it was lucky, until I opened my laptop and tried to log on the net.

No network connection.

Weird. I went downstairs and checked the modem/router. They were off. Maybe my dad has switched it off?

No. It was the act of god, again.

Clearly the thunderstorm earlier in the morning must be the murderer of my network front-end. The desktop computer is also dead.

"System Failed CPU test." was the last, and the only, message came out of the computer.

#  #  #

I was trying to cancel the Mac Mini opening. When I called sprite, the weather was terrible, the power is out. I thought it was going to be me only opening a birthday present which I bought to myself.

I was glad they did come. We opened it, we switched it on for the first time, we chatted in my room, we have desert together after that, and I paid.

Even on an unfortunate day, you friends are going to be around.

0 comments: