Have your brain ready, thanks.


Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The 15th day of September, 2005

It is often inadvisable to give out passwords. When I was given one, I often feel being trusted, which is kind of rewarding for me. I usually do the reverse as well, to show the person whom I trust. Though, I rarely, if ever, give out passwords to my computer systems, including my laptop, my servers, my workstations... I can't make myself comfortable allowing people access to my directory. There are so much information and secrets that others can't see. They are not government top secret, of course, but they are a great deal for me.

However, I do give out retired passwords, and it is sort of a convention for me to do so. For several months, this was my password to my computer systems:

Znm2ofj!93fn

and was preceded by:

!cg54pehk7mi

Certainly a new password is already in effect.

To answer your question: No, I'm not a freak.

#  #  #

Justin and I didn't do a lot on the job itself, but we have done a lot to prepare. He installed Debian with the help of sprite. I installed FreeBSD in my laptop, on my own. Although it's only the second week of the semester, I am starting to stress out. Nevertheless, it feels good to be working, and it feels good to be on track. I bet Justin learnt a lot about Debian. Even I have learnt a lot from his installation too... but it is unlikely to install Debian for me... I found it more "in control" using a BSD-variant.

I just realised that, at one moment, there was FreeBSD, Mac OS (which I consider a BSD-variant), Debian (which is Linux) and Windows machines in the lab.

0 comments: